"Energy Medicine brings you vitality when you are drained,
health when you are ill, and joy when you are down."
- Donna Eden
Q. What is Energy Medicine?
A. Energy Medicine awakens energies that bring vitality, joy, and enthusiasm to your life – and greater health to your body, mind, and spirit! Balancing your energies balances your body's chemistry, regulates your hormones, helps you feel better, and helps you think better. It can be used to overcome illness, and it can be used to keep you strong and resilient. It is the medicine of the future, but it it empowers you NOW to adapt and even flourish in the 21st century. Donna Eden
Q. How is Energy Medicine Practiced?
A. Energy Medicine heals the body by activating its natural healing energies; you also heal the body by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance. It utilizes techniques from healing traditions such as acupuncture, yoga, kinesiology, and qi gong. Flow, balance, and harmony can be non-invasively restored and maintained within an energy system by tapping, massaging, pinching, twisting, or connecting specific energy points (acupoints) on the skin; by tracing or swirling the hand over the skin along specific energy pathways; through exercises or postures designed for specific energetic effects; by focused use of the mind to move specific energies; and/or by surrounding an area with healing energies.
Q. How Does It Work?
A. Energy Medicine recognizes energy as a vital, living, moving force that determines much about health and happiness. In Energy Medicine, energy is the medicine, and energy is also the patient:
- You heal the body by activating its natural healing energies (energy as the medicine).
- You also heal the body by restoring energies that have become weak, disturbed, or out of balance (energy as the patient).
- To overcome illness and maintain vibrant health, the body needs its energies to:
- Move and have space to continue to move—energies may become blocked due to toxins, muscular or other constriction, prolonged stress, or interference from other energies.
- Move in specific patterns—generally in harmony with the physical structures and functions that the energies animate and support. "Flow follows function.
- Cross over—at all levels, from the microlevel of the double helix of DNA, extending to the macro-level where the left side of the brain controls the right side of the body and the right side controls the left.
- Maintain a balance with other energies—the energies may lose their natural balance due to prolonged stress or other conditions that keep specific energy systems in a survival mode.
- Conversely, when the body is not healthy, corresponding disturbances in its energies can be identified and treated.
Q. Is Energy Medicine Spiritual?
A. Entering the world of your body's subtle energies is a bridge into the domain of your deepest spiritual callings and your eternal essence. While no particular belief system, allegiance, or religious affiliation is associated with Energy Medicine, many people find that energy work touches into the realms of soul and spirit.
Q. Can anyone do it?
A. Absolutely! Working with your energies is your birthright! Students of Energy Medicine include:
If you have further questions and would like to speak to Pam call (410) 279-5440 or Randy call (410) 279-5141 and leave a message.